Integrated Patient Education
Help Improve Medication Adherence through Patient Knowledge
What It Does for Your Business
- Save professionals time and help increase efficiency with access to patient education directly within the clinical or healthcare business workflow
- Serve a broad range of patients with all 7,400-plus leaflets available in English and Spanish and more than half of those available in 19 languages
- Easily integrate content through various delivery methods for your convenience:
- HL7-compliant Infobutton
- Web services
- Locally stored datasets (flat files)
- Help decrease costs with all your patient education materials available in one package, consolidating resources to a single vendor
HEALTH SYSTEMS, EMR AND CLINICAL APPLICATION VENDORS, AND CLINICIANS
- Pursue Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements:
- Supports requirement of using Context Aware Knowledge Retrieval HL7 standards (Infobutton) for retrieval of reference information, including patient education
- Leaflets can also provide specific educational information as driven by EMR problem lists or discharge diagnoses
- Provide patient-facing information consistent with references used by clinicians: Content is consistent with UpToDate clinical decision support on diseases and conditions and Lexicomp Online drug reference information
- Support the teach-back method with educational materials accessible to pharmacists, physicians, and nurses that are designed to complement the technique
BENEFITS TO RETAIL PHARMACIES, PHARMACY BENEFIT MANAGERS AND PAYERS
- Pursue compliance with regulations involving use of patient education and language-specific patient education offerings
- Facilitate Comprehensive Medication Reviews (CMRs) with a resource that supports the CMS requirement of CMRs when offering Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services - Learn more about the MTM Toolkit
- Communicate consistently and reliably with patients and family members at contact points across the healthcare continuum with easily reachable content that includes information from two highly respected resources: Lexicomp and UpToDate
What It Provides
- 3,500+ adult and pediatric medication leaflets
- 3,900+ disease, condition, procedure, lab test, natural product, discharge instructions, dental, and healthy living leaflets
- Easy-to-read and written at a 5th-to-7th-grade reading level
- Detailed illustrations, when applicable
- Content updated daily when new information is available
- Coded to ICD-9, ICD-10, RxNorm, SNOMED CT and LOINC
- Available in up to 19 languages
View the graphic "Why Is It Important to Have Patient Education Online?" to learn more about how our solutions could help your organization.
- API: Medi-Span Clinical Integrated Patient Education – Medication Leaflets API
- Flat File: Integrated Patient Education – Leaflets Database
- Core Drug Files
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Drug Attributes
- Patient Education
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Screening
- Hazardous Drug Handling
- Data Analytics
- Medication Therapy Management
- Interchangeability & Biosimilars
- Integrated Reference
- All Databases
- All APIs
of customers are satisfied with the quality of Medi-Span data
of customers are likely to renew their Medi-Span data license
Hundreds of customers see 50% or greater increase in productivity with Medi-Span
See why more healthcare businesses are choosing Medi-Span for their drug data:
Speed to Market
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.
Medi-Span, in my view, beats everyone else. It helps you find twice as many drug errors – errors that would lead to readmission - in half the amount of time.
(Medi-Span) allows us to provide features that our competitors do not have.
As a claims processor, we rely on Medi-Span and its wealth of drug information to forecast and price claims for our clients. Medi-Span is the go-to (application) that is recognized across the industry for (manufacturer-provided) drug information. They have innovative tools and excellent customer service that will go above and beyond to provide the best available solution.
Medi-Span implementation support helped save me one month in speed to market and about $10,000 in development costs.”
Consistent Pricing Data
It is the source for the benchmark prices consistently used in the PBM industry and the tool we use to hold PBMs accountable to their pricing promises to our employers.
Business cannot survive without Medi-Span data.
Only reliable published resource for (manufacturer-provided) AWP. (Medi-Span proprietary) GPI is therapeutic classification system of choice. It is very enabling, as clinical management rules are easily articulated.
Even in an era where data abounds, there is a terrific amount of uncertainty. People want confidence that what they are seeing is (based on) real (manufacturer-provided information) – Medi-Span provides that confidence.
(Medi-Span) allows for consistency across the company, industry and clients.
Timely and Relevant
The Medi-Span database allows our system to have the latest and most current information available. It is especially needed for package information, interaction checking, and clinical printing.
This is a foundational piece that is used throughout the organization in many systems and is often used to connect data from multiple systems.
Who is Clinical Drug Information?
With the move to team-based care, conflicting data can lead to actual conflicts – from disparity in business decisions to confusion in communication. We research, validate, and synthesize content to show the right data to right people at the right time. With content developed in a consistent manner across all platforms and resources, your team receives aligned drug information no matter when or how they access it. This helps:
- Improve communication
- Reduce confusion
- Enhance patient care
Impacting thousands of healthcare organizations - see our storyPlay Video
How can our award-winning drug data help you?
Learn more about Medi-Span